Snub Nosed Monkey
Snub nosed monkeys are known for their striking golden fur, their pale blue faces, and their unique, extremely short noses. The reason for their distinctive nose is unknown, though some scientists believe it may help reduce the risk of frostbite in their extremely cold habitats.
- Scientific Name: Rhinopithecus roxellana
- Characteristics: This Snub nosed monkey figure is posed in a seated position with its hands and feet crossed and its tail curled around its body. It is sculpted in exquisite detail, from the fur on its body to its expressive face.
- Size and Color: This hand-painted toy is 2 ½ inches tall and just over 1 ½ inches wide. It’s a little bit smaller than a credit card. Its fur is brown on the back, transitioning to orange and then cream-colored on the underside. Its face is pale blue with black nostrils and eyes. Its ears are cream-colored and the soles of its feet are dark brown.
- The Snub Nosed Monkey is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Snub nosed monkeys live high in the mountains of China, sometimes over two miles above sea level. The International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) lists these primates as Endangered, due largely to habitat loss. This monkey is a very picky eater, preferring lichen that grows on dead trees. When these trees are cleared or harvested, the lack of food causes damage to the primate population.
- Size in cm: 4.62 L x 4.56 W x 5.97
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2