Scorpions are easily identified by their segmented tail tipped with a venomous stinger and their prominent claws. Like spiders, they are arachnids and have eight legs. Despite their fearsome reputation, only 25 of the roughly 1700 species of scorpion are considered dangerous to humans.
- Scientific Name: Order Scorpiones
- Characteristics: This hand-painted scorpion figure features true to life details, plus bendable claws and tail so you can pose it in any way you desire! Despite its menacing claws and stinger-tipped tail, this figure won’t pinch or sting you!
- Size and Color: The scorpion is about 7 ½ inches long with its tail fully extended, and 3 ½ inches wide. It features new and improved paint detail including a dark brown carapace with medium brown legs, claws and tail. The tips of its feet and its underside are a light brown, and its tail features black accents with a dark brown stinger tip. Its eyes, located on the top and front of its head, are black.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Did you know scorpions glow under ultraviolet light? It’s true: due to a chemical in their exoskeletons, they will shine a bright blue under a UV lightbulb. No one is exactly sure why.
Scorpions are found on every continent except for Antarctica. While they were not always present on island countries like Japan or Britain, they have since been introduced by trading vessels.
Scorpion stings can be very painful, but only rarely does their venom actually pose a serious threat. Their claws (technically known as “pedipalps”) are used to subdue prey while the tail (known as a “metasoma”) delivers venom by way of the stinger (known as a “telson”).
- Size in cm: 18.67 L x 8.76 W x 3.94 H
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2