Native to the Arctic Circle, polar bears are both the largest species of bear and the largest land carnivore on planet Earth. Polar bear’s scientific name actually means “maritime bear,” since they spend most of their time hunting on sea ice.
- Scientific Name: Ursus Maritimus
- Characteristics: Although the bear family is thought to have originated nearly 40 million year ago, the oldest polar bear fossil is only about 100,000 years old. Individually hand painted and crafted with true-to-life detail, this model makes an excellent gift, toy for play, or teaching aid!
- Size and Color: Polar bears are entirely white, which allows them to effectively blend into their environment. Standing 2.25 inches tall and 4.75 inches long, this model is a bit longer than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Polar Bear is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Like many Arctic and Antarctic species, polar bears are threatened, and are classified as vulnerable by the IUCN. Since polar bears rely on sea ice to hunt and ultimately build up their fat reserves for the challenging winter months, the fact that its melting due to global warming greatly diminishes their chances of survival. Likewise, polar bears are also threatened by pollutants, such as pesticides, which manage to make their way into the food chain.
- Size in cm: 12.5 L x 4.09 W x 6 H
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2