Pegasus, the majestic flying horse, represents power, freedom, and grace. Its sleek white body and billowing wings give it a lively look. The steed of heroes, Pegasus figures into more than its share of myths, and today it shares a place in the night sky.
- Scientific Name: Pegasus
- Characteristics: There’s no doubting the strength and beauty of the beautiful Pegasus, the best known of all mythological horses. This figure captures it just about to take flight, wings spread wide.
- Size and Color: At 8 inches from wingtip to wingtip and 5 ½ from nose to tail, Pegasus is an impressively sized figure, almost as wide as a sheet of copy paper, and just as bright white!
- The Pegasus is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The stories of Pegasus’ birth vary slightly, but they all involve the god Poseidon and the beautiful Medusa. However, because their encounter took place in a temple of Athena, Medusa was cursed. Medusa’s eventual death gave life to the winged horse Pegasus. Pegasus was flown most famously by Bellerophon when the hero defeated the Chimera.
Pegasus shook its wings wearily. The flight to Mount Helicon had been long, and the horse felt thirsty. But wherever it looked, it could see no water. Frustrated, the powerful horse kicked the ground with each hoof. Suddenly, water began to bubble from the four places Pegasus had disturbed the soil. Bubbles became trickles, and trickles became streams! The water began to flow, gurgling down the mountain, sounding almost like laughter or singing. Indeed, it was singing, for Pegasus had awoken the nine muses, the goddesses of art, music, and poetry. They gathered around him, lathering attention on the flying horse. To this day, all who would create call upon the muses, and all artists owe their inspiration in some way to Pegasus, the magical flying horse.
- Size in cm: 14.1 L x 21.3 W x 9 H
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2