Native to small pockets of south central China, pandas are a rather unique member of the bear family. Although pandas are technically considered carnivores, their diet consists almost entirely of bamboo, whereas other bear species eat a mixture of plants, berries, and meat!
- Scientific Name: Ailuropoda melanoleuca
- Characteristics: In the midst of a calm gait, this life-like and hand painted figurine captures the spirit of this magical mammal. Did you know that for a period of time, some researchers believed pandas were closely related to raccoons?
- Size and Color: Measuring 3.75 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, this figurine is about the size of a deck of cards stood on its side. Sporting one of the most iconic colorations in the animal kingdom, pandas are easily recognizable by their white coats with distinct black patches around the eyes, ears, and legs.
- The Panda is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
While their population numbers aren't decreasing as rapidly as many other endangered species, pandas are what’s known as a conservation reliant species. As the term suggests, pandas are reliant on zoos and sanctuaries in order to keep their population numbers stable. Pandas have a naturally low birth rate in the wild, and while this isn’t an issue on its own, it becomes a serious problem when their numbers and habitats are already threatened.
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2