An incredibly iconic species of butterfly, the monarch can be found in many parts of Northern and Central America. Monarch butterflies are pollinators, which is why you can often see them by flowers during the spring and summer!
- Scientific Name: Danaus plexippus
- Characteristics: Did you know that monarch butterflies were successfully housed on the International Space Station? Learn tons of other cool facts about this interesting insect with our life-like and accurate monarch butterfly model!
- Size and Color: Monarchs are easily identifiable due to their black, orange, and white wing pattern with white spots. Measuring 3.25 inches long and 4.5 inches wide, this figurine is as long as a deck of cards and about as wide as a soda can is tall.
- The Monarch Butterfly is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Not just for looks, the monarch butterflies’ vibrant coloration is actually a defensive mechanism. Monarchs are aposematic, which means they employ bright and contrasting colors to ward off potential predators. Bright colorations deter predators because often in nature, such appearances indicate the creature is poisonous or has a foul taste. Although monarch butterflies are in no way poisonous, they make it seem like they are in order to elude predators!
- Size in cm: 8.5 L x 11.5 W x H
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2