Also known as orcas, killer whales are members of the oceanic dolphin family that can be found in all of the world’s oceans. Killer whales are renowned for their intelligence, and have been regarded as having the most complex hunting techniques of any carnivore.
- Scientific Name: Orcinus orca
- Characteristics: This killer whale has become separated from its friends, and is looking to join your pod! Individually hand painted and sculpted by professional artists, this model makes a great gift, toy, teaching aid, and more.
- Size and Color: Orcas can easily be identified not only by their massive size, but by their distinct black and white coloration. 6.6 inches long and 3 inches tall, this model is a bit larger than a soda can resting on its side.
- The Killer Whale is part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Interestingly, the International Union for the Conservation of Nature currently classifies the killer whale as data deficient in regards to their population numbers because of the belief that there are actually multiple killer whale species. Overarchingly, they are believed to be densely populated due to their enormous range, although some local populations are considered threatened or endangered, primarily due to habitat degradation and a loss of suitable prey.
- Size in cm: 17 L x 6.3 W x 8 H
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2