Bottle Nose Dolphin
Arguably the most well-known member of the dolphin family, the bottlenose dolphin is also the most common and widely dispersed dolphin species. They can be found in all of the world’s oceans, except for the Arctic and Antarctic circle.
- Scientific Name: Genus Tursiops
- Characteristics: Bottlenose dolphins are famous for their heightened intelligence, which is reflected in the bright eyes of this hand painted model. In fact, dolphins are so smart that they can use tools and teach learned knowledge to their offspring!
- Size and Color: 7.5 inches long and 3 inches tall, this statuette is roughly the size of a 16 oz. water bottle on its side. All bottlenose dolphins have slate gray skin with white undersides.
- The Bottlenose Dolphin is part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Thankfully, the global bottlenose dolphin population is not believed to be in any danger. They are classified as least concern on the IUCN eed list, although their current population trend is unknown. However, certain isolated bottlenose dolphin populations are threatened due to habitat degradation. More specifically, certain ocean ecosystems that the bottlenose dolphin inhabits are negatively affected by climate change.
- Size in cm: 16.3 L x 4.8 W x 6.5 H
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2