One of the largest types of tiger, the Bengal tiger inhabits the grasslands, temperate forests and mangrove forests of India, China, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and Bhutan. Despite their small population size, Bengal tigers are believed to be the most numerous tiger subspecies.
- Scientific Name: Panthera tigris tigirs
- Characteristics: With an intimidating snarl, this Bengal tiger is laying claim to its kill! Like all Safari figurines, this model was hand painted and crafted with life-like realism and scientific accuracy in mind.
- Size and Color: With arguably the most iconic coloration of all of the big cats, Bengal tigers have a vibrant orange coat with jet black stripes, as well as sleek white facial accents. Standing 5.7cm tall and 15cm long, this figurine is about an inch longer than a soda can on its side.
- The Bengal Tiger is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Sadly, Bengal tiger numbers have dropped dramatically over the last century. They are currently classified as an endangered species by the IUCN, and suffer dramatically from habitat loss and high levels of illegal poaching. Although there are a multitude of sanctuaries and preserves established around the world, as well as a litany of regulations designed to protect Bengal tigers, their numbers have not yet been able to rebound.
Warning: Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
Quantity available: 2